AEF Strategic Plan 2022 – 2027
Institutional growth is central to AEF’s strategic aspirational objectives and plans for the period 2022 – 2027.
Growth is not simply about an increase in student enrolment. AEF’s growth ambitions are as much about a commitment to increase our comprehension of AEF’s values – respect, community, sustainability – and how to competently deliver these values both inside and outside the classroom – a commitment to the totality of exceptional programming. AEF’s faculty and staff must grow in tandem with the learning aspirations AEF has for its students, alongside a planned increase in student enrolment.
Student enrolment and partner growth during 2022 – 2027 will be selective and in symmetry with AEF’s ability to support and deliver excellent academic content and exceptional out – of – classroom student experiences.
- Student Enrolment: Increase study abroad US University enrolment by a minimum of 15% per year.
- U.S. Partnerships: Increase new US university partnerships with contract agreements (semester programs) by a minimum of three universities.
- Non-U.S. Partnerships: Increase non-US partners with contract agreements by a minimum of three universities.
- Mexico Partnerships: Increase summer school student enrolment by a minimum of 15% per year and extend partnerships to include semester programs.
- Certificate Programs: Increase certificate program enrolment by a minimum of 22% per year.
- Italian Courses: Increase Italian language and culture courses enrolment by 25% per year.
- Synchronised Human Resource Growth: Increase staff and faculty appointments in keeping with planned growth.
- Elon University Collaboration: Deepen AEF’s partnership with Elon University to better deliver its institutional vision and mission as an Elon Center Abroad.
- Arts Focus: Increase AEF’s niche position in Florence specifically, and Italy more widely, as an exceptional centre for performance art teaching.
- Curriculum Development & Diversification: Increase and diversify the curriculum to widen academic major/discipline participation through “course tracks”.
- Experiential and Community Integrated Learning & Outreach: Develop and expand experiential learning by providing more meaningful integration with the local community, volunteer opportunities and the development of an academic internship program.
- The Higher Education Community in Florence: To be a responsible member of the Education Abroad community in Florence and foster closer and more meaningful relationships with it. Work in partnership with the Florence community and become a dynamic leader in this community.
- Institutional Values Integration: Integrate and embed AEF’s values in co-curricular and extracurricular programming.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: AEF is committed to building an inclusive learning environment and to providing a supportive space for discussion and debate. Continue to develop and uphold a commitment to diversity and respect.
- Scholarships: Develop and increase AEF’s scholarship programme to reflect our values and mission.
- Sustainability Education: Raise awareness and understanding throughout the AEF community, and our partner network, of Sustainability, its meaning, and its role in responsible citizenship.
- Student and Visiting Faculty Support: Develop greater support mechanisms and procedures for students and visiting faculty, to help them realise the full potential of their teaching and learning objectives and aspirations.
- Staff & Faculty Training & Development: Develop a comprehensive AEF staff and faculty training and development programme in accordance with AEF’s values and mission.