AEF Certificate Programs in the Performing Arts - Dance, Drawing & Painting, Voice & Opera - are designed for students and professionals wishing to acquire specialized formative training for their future careers as painters, musicians, dancers, and singers in a real community of artists.
AEF also offers a Certificate Program in Italian Language and Culture, for those who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the language, starting from the cultural and social context in which it developed. Structured in two Semesters - Fall and Spring -, it includes 3 Italian courses for each Semester, to which one must add a History course in the Fall and a Literature course in the Spring. During each Semester, the student then chooses a course from Italian Culture (Art History, Cinema, Photography, Political System), for a total of 20 U.S / 30 ECTS credits per Semester. To enroll in the AEF Italian Language and Culture Certificate Program, students have to send a letter of motivation and intent and at least one recommendation letter.
Each Certificate Program will be opened with a minimum of 5 students enrolled.
Enrollment in a Certificate Program in Dance, Drawing&Painting, Voice&Opera, Italian Language&Culture in 4 simple steps
Application: Audition and Scholarship Form
- Applicants are required to fill out the Audition / Scholarship Form.
- Along with this form, applicants are also required to send the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum (CV)
- Audition Videos or Photos (as requested in "Application requirements by area")
- Two Reference letters
- At this point, the application process is complete: the AEF Academic Committee will then examine all submitted materials and documents and notify applicants of admission decision within 15 days.
AEF Admission Letter and Scholarship award
AEF Academic Committee will send candidates the Letter of Admission and Scholarship if awarded.
Enrollment and Proforma Invoice
Once admitted, students will receive the Proforma Invoice of Fees due to complete enrollment, which includes terms and conditions of payment of Tuition Fees. Students will also receive a link to the Enrollment Form to be completed, which includes the option of housing accommodation through AEF.
Once the payment and the Enrollment Form are received, AEF Registrar’s office will send students a Confirmation Letter, including the Certificate of Enrollment and information about accommodation as required for the Visa application.
- AEF Audition / Scholarship Form (if requested)
- AEF Admission Letter
- Pro-forma Tuition Invoice (see Step 3)
- Link to Enrollment Form (see Step 3)
- Confirmation Letter and Housing (see Step 4)
- Certificate of Enrollment (see Step 4)
- Level A1 Completion at the moment of departure
- Two short videos (3-5 minutes long) of ballet and contemporary dance that show technique and motivation in dance studies
Voice & Opera
- Two short videos: one Italian Opera aria and one piece chosen from your repertoire
Drawing & Painting
- 10 high-resolution professional pictures (5 drawings + 5 paintings in different techniques)
- Application/Scholarship Form to be submitted by June 1st (Fall) / October 31st (Spring)
- 50% Deposit for Academic Fees, Housing Fees and Meal Plan (if requested) to be paid by June 30th (Fall) / November 30th (Spring)
- All Balances due for Academic Fees, Housing Fees and Meal Plan (if requested) to be paid by August 1st (Fall) / January 15th (Spring)
1) By wire transfer, payable to:
Accademia Europea di Firenze srl
Bank account number: 19426
Banca Intesa Sanpaolo
Piazza della Repubblica, 16/R-50123 Firenze (FI)
IBAN: IT04P 03069 02922 100000019426