AEF SUMMER PROGRAMS 2023
ITALIAN LANGUAGE & CULTURE
VOICE & OPERA
DRAWING & PAINTING
Florence, June 19th – July 14th
AEF Summer Programs are 4-week intensive Liberal and Performing Arts Programs, for students who are ready to be inspired by a city so rich in art and culture.
AEF Summer Programs include Liberal Arts, Italian Art, Culture and Language courses, Opera, Classical Music, Jazz, Dance courses and Music Ensembles, each combining a cultural immersion in the City of the Renaissance and professional performing opportunities along with regular lectures and on-site classes, which will enhance the academic and personal experience of students.
Field trips and ensembles are an essential part of the curricular activities, as they are occasions for students to explore new locations, meet locals and interact with the community, and live a wonderful experience as international performers.
Students may choose 1 or 2 of the following Course Options (from 3 U.S. up to 8 U.S. Credits). All Courses will be offered with a minimum of 5 students.
Each course consists of the following:
• 36 hours in class (9.00-11:00am/11:30-1:30pm or 2:00-4:00pm);
• 30 hours total (15 hours for each of the 2 classes) of curricular activities including visits (Uffizi Gallery, Accademia Gallery, Opera del Duomo Museum) and 2 one-day field trips for all AEF Summer students;
• 12 hours of ensemble/performances for Performing Arts Courses (Mon – Thurs, from 4:30pm to 6pm).
Textbook (if required), class materials, syllabus expenses, cooking classes, museum entrances, and activity fees all included.
Availability of specific musical instruments not included (i.e Vibraphone, Double bass, Sax, Violin).
LIBERAL ARTS COURSES
Please be aware that students wishing to attend this course, must have the following required equipment:
- digital SLR or mirrorless camera with a mid-range zoom (e.g., 18-55, 18-70 for APS-C, or 28-80 for Full Frame cameras) or with prime lenses (wide-angle, normal, telephoto lenses) + battery charger; bridge compact cameras with zoom lens and full manual controls are admitted for the course, automatic-only cameras or smartphones are not suitable;
- personal laptop with Adobe Lightroom Classic installed and at least 50 Gb of free storage memory (otherwise an external extra memory is required);
- if not available on the computer: memory card reader or data transfer cable (camera to pc).
- solid tripod suitable to hold firmly the camera standing up (Tripods may also be rented from AEF)
PERFORMING ARTS COURSES
Music students are required to audition for one of three ensembles offered in the Summer: Chamber Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Choir (Vocal Ensemble).