The Textile Design Course introduces students to textile decoration techniques. Students will learn historical, theoretical and practical aspects of various printing techniques and how they are applied to fabrics at the crafts and industrial levels.
The course is divided into 5 parts:
1. Research and development of decorative motifs for textiles;
2. Design and printing of serigraphic works;
3. Pastes, paints and pigments for textile printing and dyeing;
4. Printing: serigraphic, rotary, transfer, sublimation and digital
5. Textile decoration techniques: shibori/tie-dying, batik, stencilling, block printing, aerography, watercolour and freehand drawing.
The course includes classroom lessons, working groups, projects and visits to museums and other sites of interest.
The course is available on an individual basis: this formula allows the student to construct the program directly with the teacher and adapt it to his/her individual training needs.
Ernst Karl Jorns
Karl studied architecture in Rio de Janeiro and textile design at the International Fashion Institute (Polimoda) in Florence. He has extensive experience in the creation and realization of garments, accessories and costumes, as well as in the field of photography. Since 1995 he has been teaching at Polimoda, at the Fabric Museum of Prato, and in numerous American programs. He has held numerous exhibitions of his works in both Brazil and Italy.
All prices are in Euros. Registration fee of 70,00 Euro (valid for 12 months).
1 lesson: 45 minutes.
Once you purchase the package of lessons, course dates can be agreed upon.